- Keep the top layer of soil dry, use watering sticks to deliver water to the roots of your plants.
- Fungus gnats feed of decomposing matter of organic materials. This means instead of potting mix/compost use perlite mix. Fungus gnats larvae lives in a top layer of your soil mix, use sand so that they won’t have decomposing matter to feed off.
- Catch the adult flies: sticky paper traps; containers with vinegar + dish soap; electric bug zapper
- Stop fungus gnats life cycle (28 days): Kill larva (and adult flies)
- Deatomacious earth powder on top of soil (+ rake 1 inch deep to get larva). Wear a mask while doing this
- Neem cake
- Water plants with 3% hydrogen peroxide (1 part) + water (4 parts)
- BTI Bacteria: Moquito Bits/Mosquito Dunks
- Beneficial nematodes variety to target fungus gnats: Steinernema Feltiae
Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting info.
AHHH, I hope it does help!!!